A Capable Automated Bandsaw on a Budget
This weekend, Tormach announced their new AF-50 Automated Bandsaw during their annual Tormach Tech Days event.
The new bandsaw stays with Tormach’s automation roots with a pneumatic clamping system and hydraulic feed control, so you can set a length and let the saw do the work.
There’s no official release date yet, but signing up for updates on Tormach’s website will give you the insider’s edge to details and information at it becomes available.
- Capacity 7” Round at 90°
- 6” x 8” Flat at 90°
- Blade Speeds 135-161-226-394 FPM (@ 60 hz)
- 41-49-69-120 MPM (@ 60 hz)
- 112-135-194-322 FPM (@50 hz)
- 34-41-59-98 MPM (@50 hz)
- Blade Size 93” x 0.75” x 0.035”
- Feed Control Hydraulic Adjustment
- Vise Pneumatic Clamping
- Table Height: 21.75
- Length: 48” + length of blade tension gauge
- Width: 36” (includes outfeed guide)
- Height w/ saw at rest: 39”
- Height with Saw Vertical: 65” + length of blade tension gauge
- Construction Cast Iron with welded steel stand
- 115 Vac 1-Phase
- Pneumatic clamping system
- Hydraulic feed control
- Programmable automatic workpiece positioning accommodates cut lengths between 0.157”-50”
- Up to 10” per stroke
- Maximum 5 strokes (50”) per cut
- Maximum 999 strokes per program
- Stroke countdown display
- Integrated coolant system (2.3 gallon capacity)
- 4 blade speeds
- Blade tensioning system
For more information, visit: https://www.tormach.com/bandsaw.