Practical Machinist is a platform provided for its users. Opinions expressed on this forum are not endorsed or in any way attached to Practical Machinist or its partners or advertisers. We will attempt to keep the forum free from inappropriate, vulgar or pornographic content and at our discretion we reserve the right to remove and delete content or posts that we deem offensive or inappropriate.
Spirited dialog and opinions are commonly expressed among members and we encourage honest and open sharing and debate. Provided it is within the general guidelines of expressed within our forum guidelines, we will interfere or “manage” this dialog. We will not remove posts by request of another member based on disagreements or differing opinion about the accuracy or validity of the opinion expressed. This includes but is not limited to differing opinions about quality of work, products, companies, brands or any other entity.
What this Privacy Statement Covers
● This privacy statement covers Practical Machinist’s treatment of personally identifiable information collected by Practical Machinist through a website owned and operated by Practical Machinist.
● This privacy statement does not apply to the practices of companies that Practical Machinist does not own or control, or of persons that Practical Machinist does not employ or manage, including any third-party content contributors bound by contract and any third-party websites to which Practical Machinist’s websites link.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
● You can visit the website of Practical Machinist without revealing any personal information. However, Practical Machinist needs certain personal information if you wish to register for a membership, receive Practical Machinist’s e- newsletter and news from our sponsors, or use our classified services.
● Where required, this information may include your personal contact information. Practical Machinist will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to set up your membership account, to provide you with requested services, to contact you regarding new services, and to keep you up-to-date with the latest from Practical Machinist.
● By accessing the services of Practical Machinist and voluntarily providing us with the requested personal information, you consent to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
● Practical Machinist automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. Practical Machinist may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, Practical Machinist does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
● Practical Machinist uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
● Practical Machinist may disclose your personal information to third-parties who work on behalf of Practical Machinist to provide services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third-parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
● Practical Machinist may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
o We have your consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
o We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
o We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of Practical Machinist; or
● If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this statement, please do not provide any personal information to Practical Machinist. If you have provided personal information to Practical Machinist and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Practical Machinist at email@example.com.
How to Access your Personal Information
● Practical Machinist gives you the ability to edit your Practical Machinist Account Information and preferences at any time.
● Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your Practical Machinist Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, Practical Machinist uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
● We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
● Further, Practical Machinist retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
● Practical Machinist may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this statement from time to time. Please review this statement periodically. Your continued use of Practical Machinist websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions about this privacy statement, or your own personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Third-Party Ad Servers
● If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, currently you must visit each ad network’s Web site individually and opt out (if they offer this capability).
● If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, we recommend you block cookies using your browser privacy setting.
● Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
● Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the ads preference manager.