What's new
What's new

Abrasive No3 made it home.

JND

Aluminum
Well,she made it home! A local machinist gave her to me,I just had to drag her home.We allmost tipped it over getting it off the dollies,that was a scary moment!:eek:It's very dirty,so I've manly been working on cleaning it up.The PO say that the clutch needs some assistance(slipping)other than that she's a runner.Has anyone here ever repaired a clutch on one of these,any tips?Now to find the nameplate and get a VFD to convert the power.
Thanks to member Langanobob for the hard copy of the manual,I really apprieciate it! The generosity on this site is amazing!Truly a great bunch of people.
Nick.
Abrasive001-1.jpg
[/IMG]
The garage is trashed! Had to move everything out to get it in!

That is a pretty neat looking machine. What is the belt drive wheel on the top for?

Is the iron cross sticker on the left of the machine from the original dealer that sold it? I swear I have seen this but can't remember the dealer. I think we had some on our old 36" blanchards.

The belted wheel is actualy the main drive for the unit! The iron cross is from Marshal & Huschart Machinry Co. out of Chicago,seems a strange emblem for what appears to be a war time vintage machine.I like it though, has character.

Back