What's new
What's new

Ameture Excello 33 Grinder Operator!!!

car 84

Plastic
HELP!!!
I recently aquired an Excello #33 Grinder. I have a job that is a pin held between center(with dimensions of 1.3770-1.3772 diameter about 1" long
with a .9998-1.0000 1/8" long secten at one end with a 1/4" relafe
between the two diameter and a .0002 tir between the diameters)
I have 800 pieces per mounth to do
The machine is 480 volt and I only have 240 volts
is the best answer a step up tranformer?
and if so how do I run and set up the machine for this job?

You of course realize that the Excello #33 is a THREAD GRINDER. How do you run and set up for a job with two tenths tolerances? Do you have adequate gaging to determine whether you're on size? The Excello is NOT an OD grinder, so I have to assume you are planning on grinding threads, although your post fails to mention this.

Although your thread grinder may be set up currently to run 480, every one I have is a dual voltage machine. All the motors need leads changed, the starter heater elements need to be changed, and a transformer have the leads reconnected. No big deal really, but neither is just getting a transformer.

od grinding on a thread grinder

yes I want to od grind with this thread grinding machine

the stone that is in the machine know is flat and perpendicular to the part spindle

I do have gaging coming

I have no books on this machine and I have never ran this type of grinder before

but it loofs like a could just put a center in the chuck and one in the tail stock

and it would act like a lathe with a tool post grinder

Using an excello #33 thread grinder as a cylindrical grinder, is like using a cylindrical grinder as a thread grinder. Wrong machine! If you haven't figured out that the table of your thread grinder only reciprocates by following the lead of the master screws in the workhead, you're completely missing the boat. It moves too slow left to right to be an effective cylindrical grinder. You'll grow old grinding your parts. Amateur may be an understatement

800 parts per month? Buy the correct machine. The Excello 33 may be an automatic thread grinder, but it's not suitable for grinding large lots of flat faces on parts.

Back