What's new
What's new

Blanchard #11 wheels

Hobby Shop

Stainless
Where do you guys buy your wheels from? My grinder take an 11x5x9 wire banded cylinder wheel. I called 2 places, one wanted $500 for a minimum order and the other never got back to me.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited:
If you would be willing to make a plate with holes I have 10" dia nut inserted wheels in stock. The will work no problem on your Blanchard.

I have a Snow and Reform grinder that uses them.

46 grit E and F hardness off memory.

If you would be willing to make a plate with holes I have 10" dia nut inserted wheels in stock. The will work no problem on your Blanchard.

I have a Snow and Reform grinder that uses them.

46 grit E and F hardness off memory.

Thanks Cash,
I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

Have you seen leadtime increase from radiac? they are quoting me 15 weeks on wheels. I thought this was from Tyrolit in Europe, they said nope, Salem, Il. Rumor has it unless you are a BIG customer you go to the end of the line.

I know B&K has a bunch of old stock segments form Blanchard, not sure if they would be selling ring wheels? Back in the day Blanchard made their abrasives, but they don't anymore.

I have 10" dia ring wheels in stock.

I have attached some pics of wheels and how we have the simple adapter plate for our reform grinder.

Attachments

• nut inserted plate.jpg
    nut inserted plate.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Nut inserted wheel.jpg
    Nut inserted wheel.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 341
  • reform grinder.jpg
    reform grinder.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 375
  • stock wheels.jpg
    stock wheels.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 186
Jowitt & Rodgers I had fast turnaround from them and what I thought a reasonable price for the ring type Blanchard wheels. I just ordered one wheel from them several years back.

Thanks for all the options guys.

Has anyone ever cut a wheel in half before? With a full wheel, I’m very limited on height under the chuck. If I cut a wheel in half, I’d get 10”s under the chuck and 12”s with a 1” wheel. Not that blame him, but the PO wouldn’t sell me his extended height #11, it had 12”s of daylight under the chuck with a full wheel.

Thanks for all the options guys.

Has anyone ever cut a wheel in half before? With a full wheel, I’m very limited on height under the chuck. If I cut a wheel in half, I’d get 10”s under the chuck and 12”s with a 1” wheel. Not that blame him, but the PO wouldn’t sell me his extended height #11, it had 12”s of daylight under the chuck with a full wheel.

I would not recommend to cut in half. Your best bet is to save worn wheels for when you have those tall jobs.

Back