What's new
What's new

Boyar Schultz 612 deluxe missing Hydraulic tank/pump assembly.

Kristan

Plastic
Like a lot of you, I am having trouble finding parts for this machine, specifically the hydraulic tank/pump assembly. I would like very much to obtain a correct unit for mine. If not, I will fab my own. In order to do this I need to know the specs for the hydraulic pump, ie: Gallons per hour, pressure requirements, etc. And any other pertinent specs. Thanks in advance!

I can't directly help with Boyar issues. However a couple ideas to see whats needed. An electric pump of 1HP, will pump 1 gpm at 1000psi. Its a linear calculation, so you can pump 5 gpm at 200psi.
My Harig Grinder has a 1/2hp hydraulic pump motor, and output is max 200Psi so about 2.5 gpm. Maybe a good start for you. The traverse piston on the Harig has a 1" bore. If you measure the bore of the traverse cylinder, then figure the volume of the cylinder in a 12" stroke, multiply by 50 (max traverse speed, divide by 231 (cubic inch gallon) the result would be gallons per minute for 50SFM max speed. I don't usually go that fast but that is the max of my Harig.
Good Luck

Back