What's new
What's new

Brown & Sharp 1224 Micromaster grinder

moto367

Aluminum
Not sure if this is the proper place to post. I have this grinder that does a superb job. It's developed a problem where the head movement (in-and-out), when in grind mode, will stick when it reaches the very back (head furthest away from operator). When it sticks we can go behind it and give a nudge with a die bar and it will take off again. Had our maintenance crew look at it but they haven't found anything yet. Has anyone else had this similar issue? It's an older grinder but does an awesome finish so we hope to fix it.

Thanks

*Can you re set the back stop on the left side of head 1/16 or so ahead of jamming position?

Is chuck set too far back so you need too much over travel at back to clear wheel?

Using too wide wheel so need too much over travel?

With not finding the fault mount a flash light wired to go lit at near but still in safe travel zone until you get it fixed. A wire through case and to a bump point-set to make contact with flash light left at on position.Or yeas a limit switch mounted on a bar wired to the flashlight.

long time since but the rod can be seen just under the table when in the in or out position. Not pushing enough so finding neutral? Worth getting a book on the machine perhaps $30 if you can't find a free download on the net..

You might call these guys and tell that you need a cross feed travel rod for the model you have. Likely just needs adjusted.*BUT WHY GO THAT FAR??
http://www.bourn-koch.com/home/cnc_machine_parts.html

Die bars are not for micromasters..
*Perhaps the best running surface grinder I have used.
I used one that would make ring-together parts(but it had the belts drive so not as strong as the motorized spindle.)

I have a 10x24 Micromaster.

Take a look at the automatic oiling system. I have had to replace the restrictor fittings a time or two. Lack of enough oil caused a stick slip condition. You should change oil and filter regularly. The install tech said to only use mobile 1405. the other recommended oils can cause problems.

I purchased mine in 1977, not a typo, it is still more accurate than the out of the box okamoto 12x 24 I purchased 10 years ago.

Lost

I wonder how one would go about checking the Bijur fittings for proper oil dispensing. Should I see oil dripping, pouring, continuously...intermittently? My 618 is new to me and I'd like to check all the oiler fittings.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back