What's new
What's new

Chevalier 8 x 16 Manual Grinder

Skennard

Plastic
Im jumping up and down. I just picked up a 8x16 Chevalier for less than a drill press. Ive read many very favorible post on this grinder. Ill be picking it up Friday 9-8, I read the table must be removed for transport due to sitting on ball bearing strips. I would love to know. Does the table just life off the machine? The posting I read lead me to believe it does. I understand I need to keep track of the bearing strip locations as well.

This machine has a Bijour Oiler mounted on it. Would that suggest the "recycling" mast oil system found on some of these may have been addressed ? What am I looking for behind the mast way covers to determine if the recycle system is intact or upgraded by the previous owner.

One last question...This machine was sitting next to a Boyer-Shultz 6 x 18. The castings and every detail except the base were visually identical. Is the Chevalier a "Twayne"copy of the Boyer-Shutz. If so are any parts interchangable?

Thanks in advance for any information. I havent been this giddy about a new toy in years. Cant wait to toss sparks this weekend.

Some machines have jack screws to lift the table for transport. If you have not run the machine then by all means lift it and wipe the ball ways clean and look for any roughness, dents, etc in both table and ways.

Back