What's new
What's new

#2 cinc. Centerless setup

GRINDING AL

Plastic
Need some help setting up for short pieces MILD STEEL aprox. 1 inch long and .860 on dia. I am only grinding with first 2 inches of wheel and NEED TO ADJUST TO USE MORE SURFACE OF WHEEL my center heigth is correct and I have replaced both wheels . I dont have operaters manual, just the service manual. I am new with the company and the last operator is no longer with the company so I am in the process of getting this going again. If you want to e- mail me that would be fine, I can give more details as to where I am with regulalating wheel angle and etc. Been 25 years since I ran one of these and memory has slipped a bit
thanks alot guys

ps. any idea as to where I may find free info on web to help with this
[email protected]

Last edited:
haven't run that model. but here is generic set up info:

1. The center of the workpiece MUST be 1 radius above the centerline of the machine wheels. If you don't have the height then then measure to a line that passes thru the centerline of both grinding wheel and regulating wheel. This not critical, if you are off .010 -.020 it won't matter. For parts over 1 inch set at 1 half inch.
2. Place a workpiece on the rest/blade and slide it across the wheel face while easing in the regulating wheel. If it touches in one area only ( sounds like you are having this problem) then adjust regulating wheel angle side to side. there should be a big jackscrew on each side to do this. Adjust until contact is uniform across the wheels.
3. Open the regulating wheel guard and set the diamond setover. It should be the radius of the part up to a max of 1 half inch.
4. The regulating wheel inclination is basically how fast it will go thru. If these parts have been run on this machine it will probably be OK.
5. Dress both wheels.
6 slide a part in. Advance the regulating wheel until it starts to grind. If it starts to grind and stops partway thru then adjust the regulating wheel toward the discharge side. A little dab'll do ya here. When it passes all the way thru, measure and start advancing the regulating wheel to find size.

Lots of people leave the diamond set at 1/2" all the time. The most critical thing is workpiece height.

Most of my experience is on EAs. I don't think that there will be much difference from one to another except the centerline height. The process above should get you going without loosing a part. If you don't have much grind stock the make a dummy to set up with. Let me know how it goes.:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you tdmidget but guess what last night i found all the manuals for this machine stuck in a file cab. That was supposed to be full of books they were gonna throw away!!!!!!! Imagine the feeling i had when i seen all of these but i think you for your response very much i will have to check into this site more often and maybe i can help somebody as well

Back