What's new
What's new

Diamond wheel "dressing stick"?

aj

Hot Rolled
First, let me say I'm not a grinder. I'm usually lurking over in the CNC Machining forum. I've run O.D., surface, blanchard grinders, but I don't do it often enough to be called proficient at it.

My question is simple. What do you call the little white(ish) sticks you use to remove the build-up on CBN wheels? They wear away quickly and I need to find out what they're called so I can order a couple. I need to get least one for our pedistal grinder.

I've asked no fewer than 3 people (including our local grinder guy) but never received an answer. So I thought I'd post the question here in hopes of finding out.

Thanks, guys.

Hi aj,
I was going to guess Norbid Stik, but I don't think of them as something that wears out quickly per say.
No doubt not what you were asking about, but sure handy to have in your grinding arsenal of tools for addressing vitrified wheels. Your mileage may vary.
Gus

Aw, c'mon! It can't be that easy!

Thanks, Bill.

Yup, that easy. They are larger than the ones that are normally supplied with the wheels, so they last longer too.

Bill

On edit: I have found that some tend to be too aggressive with the sticks. You can remove too much of the resin bond and lose some of the abrasive or wear the aluminum back (if a cup wheel). A quick wipe or two across the face of the wheel is usually enough for me.

Back