What's new
What's new

DoAll DH-612 Hydraulic Power Pack

stwicks

Plastic
Greetings all,

Long time listener, first time caller here.

I recently purchased a DH-612 with hydraulic table feed. However, the guy didn't have the power pump/unit to go with it. I am thinking of building one using an electric motor and hydraulic pump and fabricate a tank/sump to hold the fluid. What I don't know, are the specs the power unit should have to run the table feed correctly. I know a little about hydraulics and have figured the surface grinders system uses an open loop system with a screw type valve to control speed and a direction changing valve to control table direction. What I would like to know is if anyone had this system what the motor ratings are on the hydraulic unit and if there are any specs for the hydraulic pump itself. I wouldn't think it would take any more than 2gpm to run that table smoothly. and I guess a 2-3 hp motor? Any help or insight is welcome.

Thanks

IMG_1623.jpg
I have this Racine hydraulic power unit might be perfect. Was on Pratt Whitney lathe that got scrapped. This power unit is fine. $200.

Check out this site as you can list "Wanted Do-All Hydraulic tank" In the box explain what your looking for. You should also put in the serial number. Many used machinery dealers who have scraped machines or parted out them might have exactly what your looking for. Do-All is still in business and you could probably call them and get prints and spec. They closed the MN factory, but I am pretty sure the Des Plainse IL plant is there. Surplus Record advertises on Practical Machinist. :-)
List Machinery: Used machine tools & electrical power-a free service

I have--but am not now using--the same DoAll grinder, mine has the hydraulic tank and pump. I'm not interested in selling this but would try to see what the motor plate and/or pump says. It's not a big motor and I think it is likely less than 2 hp. It is a fair sized tank, however. I can't check tonight but will try tomorrow.

The Racine system above looks viable to me.

I made one for a 6/18 G&L.You are way off on HP1/2-3/4 1750 is plenty.
I used some 1/4" plate just because I had some for the tank with removable top,Vickers vane pump with a balanced relief valve.If you could find a VD pump it would save buying the relief valve.Really simple to make.However the machine had all the original controls only missing the tank & pump.

The bare sheet metal tanks are readly available and fairly cheap for the small size you need.

Back