What's new
What's new

Electro-Matic controller

SirRage

Aluminum
I've got a rather strange controller on the surface grinder I just got. It has an electro magnet on it, and when you twist the dial, you see here the strength is somewhere between 0-100. However, it also behaves like a timer too. It just slowly unwindds to 0.

How is that even useful? I'm wondering if that is how it suppsoe to be or if someone swopped out a potentiamiter with a timmer.

IMG_3472.jpg

Does this lock in the full on position, then click down slowly to off? That's to reduce the part magnetism slow and even to remove the part from the chuck. I had one older than that, but of the same ilk. I think they're still in business. Members with more electrical knowledge than I may chime in.

Never saw a unit like this? if it works like a timer to go back down to 0 seems to be pretty useless?? There must be something here.

Electromatic "may" tell you. but they will probably ask to just send it in so they can fix it and bill you a couple thousand. Their customer service is not so good anymore.

I contacted the manufacturer and was told this model was no longer supported. So no documentation or any further help would be provided. Unless I wanted to replace it.

Then after thinking about it, the face plate looked a little off and then I started wondering. Did someone just put that there? Well, guess someone did.

IMG_3484.jpg IMG_3485.jpg

So there was an intensity dial there the whole time.

Back