What's new
What's new

Gallmeyer & Livingston

grc

Plastic
we have a old Gallmeyer & Livingston Surface grinder and the PLC has lost the program as the battery went dead. Would anyone know if Gallmeyer & Livingston was bought by another company or if they just closed. Im trying to find some info so I can see about getting the machine operational again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Geoff

we have a old Gallmeyer & Livingston Surface grinder and the PLC has lost the program as the battery went dead. Would anyone know if Gallmeyer & Livingston was bought by another company or if they just closed. Im trying to find some info so I can see about getting the machine operational again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Geoff

They were indeed acquired. Leland-Gifford, 1999. Call 'em.

But "OLD G&L?" You may just as easily have a third-party retrofit as anything they ever supported.

Never seen a Gallmeyer and Livingston with a PLC. Wheel stepover is hydraulic.
Maybe someone retrofitted the downfeed control to a PLC at some point. The optional
electric downfeed control could certainly been retrofitted. Situations like this, you
just have to figure it out. Chances of someone having the exact machine you have is slim
to none. One of my Gallmeyers has the automatic downfeed, but it's still original.

Thanks guys. I contacted Leland Gifford and they had the drawings like us but that was all. Guess we got to get a new plc and put our thinking caps on.

Geoff

I realize I'm 8 months late replying to this thread. It's my first visit to this forum. If your PLC was factory installed, I may have a copy of the code. (The old floppy disks may be hard to read, so that's why I'm not sure.) There were very few grinders with a PLC. Was it an IDEC PLC? If I can help, I will. -Dan
Thanks guys. I contacted Leland Gifford and they had the drawings like us but that was all. Guess we got to get a new plc and put our thinking caps on.

Geoff

Back