What's new
What's new

Harig Super 612 Teflon replacement.

Hobby Shop

Stainless
Hi guys. I need some help getting my grinder up and running. It's a Harig Super 612. The PO removed the Teflon from the ways and the oil pump from the machine. After that, they set it in the corner because they couldn't get it to grind flat again. Does anyone know the thickness of the Rulon 142 I need to order? McMaster carries it in 6"x6" sheets ---1/32",1/16" & 1/8". Is it best to have a continuous strip or is it ok to piece it together?

Unless someone steers me in a different direction. My plan is to clean/scratch up the ways really well, epoxy the the 142 down and set the table back in place. Then, scrape the 142 to the bottom of the table.

Thanks,
Andy

I don't think the thickness really matters within reason. The Supers don't even use a rack and pinion for traverse. More important to get the Rulon flat and true, with proper oil grooves.

I'm not sure if the saddle has teflon ways. If it does, I guess you have to worry about the screw for the z axis not binding in it's nut. But some measurements and estimates of wear should give you a reasonable answer for the thickness required there.

The problem with most small pumps is they have way to much flow, and little pressure. What happens is with to much flow, as the oil returns by gravity, and overflows the return passages.It comes out all over the place. So as you reduce the flow by closing the valve, the motor works harder and over heats, and fails.
I would guess that a Harig pump, flows about 1 gallon an hour, maybe less. At 20 psi, but I don't recall where I read that pressure reading.

Back