What's new
What's new

Heald 273-A oil pressure

ACEMaintenance

Plastic
Hi folks
I have a Heald 273-A Universal grinder. I had a problem with the coolant getting into the hydraulic oil. I have drained and cleaned the tank. New oil and filter. My guage was broke so I installed a new 0 to 200 psi. What is the correct oil pressure my machine should be? Thanks.

Hi folks
I have a Heald 273-A Universal grinder. I had a problem with the coolant getting into the hydraulic oil. I have drained and cleaned the tank. New oil and filter. My guage was broke so I installed a new 0 to 200 psi. What is the correct oil pressure my machine should be? Thanks.

Is this an ID grinder?

Which part of the oil system are you talking about?

Some of those machines had 2 tanks and 2 pressure relief valves. One for lube and one for hydraulics.. I'm think 180 PSI, but I am not for sure and 6 psi for lube. Many times when I didn't know, I would have my helper turn up the valve when I pushed against the table and when it moved I figured it was good.. I have a Heald manual in my collection...I'll double check and edit this if needed. Rich

I will check our machine out next week.

if you are in need of a manual I could send you a copy of ours.

I agree with Richard, depending on when these were built they may have different lube/hydraulic set ups. I have 2 heald rotary grinders, they have different lube system set ups.

Back