What's new
What's new

Minimum stock removal depending on incoming errors

Green_grinder

Plastic
Dear all,

Do you know of any formula or general rules that can relate the incoming geometrical errors of the parts and the minimum stock removal to fix (or remove) those errors? I intend to use it for grinding processes, but I guess this should be useful for any material removing process.

E.g. if the out of roundness of a cylindrical part is 0,05 [mm], then the minimum stock removal in diameter should be at least as twice as that ( > 0,1 [mm/Ø]), otherwise the error won't be cleaned.

The incoming erros I'm considering are: radial runout, out of roundness, straightness & cylindricity.

Thanks in advance,

Green_grinder

Green_grinder;3047686 E.g. if the out of roundness of a cylindrical part is 0 said:
, then the minimum stock removal in diameter should be at least as twice as that ( > 0,1 [mm/Ø]), otherwise the error won't be cleaned.

Not so
You need only 0.05mm stock removal to get that feature cilindrical How it states to other features thats another question

peter

You mean a 0,05 mm stock radially, right? My estimation was the same as yours, but I calculated in diameter.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

No
Move the centerline 0.05mm and you just have to remove 0,05mm on the high end
And yes if you have other features they change to
Perhaps even to the positive side But as I dont know them I cant tell

Peter

Back