What's new
What's new

Myford grinder model differences?

terrysn

Aluminum
Could someone educate me on the model differences between the hydraulic Myford cylindrical grinder's? The MG12CNC seems obvious, but the MG12-HA, to the MG12-HP, and the MG12-HPC?

Thanks,
Terry

Could someone educate me on the model differences between the hydraulic Myford cylindrical grinder's? The MG12CNC seems obvious, but the MG12-HA, to the MG12-HP, and the MG12-HPC?

Thanks,
Terry

From a Myford brochure I've got it lists the following models

MG12-M Manually operated machine
MG12ME Manually operated with hydraulic table traverse.
MG12-HM Hydraulic machine with stepless hydraulic table feed, with dwell time (0-8sec) at each end, wheelhead rapid advance and retract.
MG12-HMR the same machine as the HM but with the addition of spark out and automatic wheelhead retraction.
MG12-HPE Automatic machine with all the features of the MG120M/ME & HM machine. Automatic cycles for both traverse and plunge feed, electronic auto sizing with the correct equipment.

They all use the same accessories.

There is also from what I can gather (could be totally wrong about this) about 3 different age groups of the Myford grinder. MG12 with the 10" wheel, MG12 with 12" wheel and early electrics then a MG12 12" wheel with latter electrics.

An early Myford 10" wheel

Link to early 12" Myford grinder
Grinders - All Types: 5" x 12" Myford MG-12 Universal Cylindrical Grinder

Link to latter 12" Myford grinder
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...bene-mills/deckel-like-machine-photos-109554/

Hope this answers your questions........Kiwi

Thank you Kiwi,

That clears up a lot. Would you know if the machines with the plunge feed can plunge grind independently, without activating the table traverse?

Terry

Back