What's new
What's new

Repco-Power S3 Surface Grinder

I've got a Repco-Power surface grinder. I think it is an S1, table working area is about 350 x 180mm with about 200mm height, all manual.

Mine was made mid 1980's with opti-dress and teledyne DRO, one of the last built.

What do you want to know, I will help if I can. I also want to know more about the history, Mr Pauer seems a very interesting man.

Repco bought out Pauer and Co. in 1960...

From here http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...de-machine-tools-76577/index4.html#post984926

A name that I believe deserve a lot of credit is Power. Or Pauer & Co. See this post of mine in the abrasive machining forum. De-mounting wheel flanges
Pictures attached of my own surface grinder. A 24"by12 SG3 model. Charles Pauer Helic was a Hungarian bloke, long since passed away but I know a few guys in the trade that did know him and his workshop in the 60's. He has been described as a mechenical genius by one guy, and an eccentric bugger by another! I know that he made surface, cylindrical, cam and crank, internal grinders and more. The Power brand was his until he sold to Repco. Most people know Repco Power as a brand but don't realize where it came from. Repco continued making the surface grinders for a while.

is that a one shot lubricator at the back right side?

Yes it is a Tecalmit brand. There are 2 oil zerks on the front of slide, the rest is handled by the one-shot.

Vertical feed is done by the right most wheel near the power buttons. There are gear down drives for the fine feeds on the wheels. It is quite good to use, though time consuming.

Last edited:

Back