What's new
What's new

Rewiring a hydraulic motor for 230 on Brown & Sharpe Micromaster

SirRage

Aluminum
Well it looks like there isn't a whole lot of room to work with inside the machine but I suppose I'm supposed to rewire it without removing the motor, so working around hydraulics and don't dorp anything into the oil resivor. Which is the entier base of the casting.

If anyone has done this before any tips would be helpful, thanks!

IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg

Label plate that was on the door.
IMG_0243.jpg

Just change the leads as indicated on the diagram.

Keep in mind that you will need to replace the heater coils on the motor overloads with the correct size for the higher amp draw when you change the voltage.

yeah, I'm going to need to look up a chart for that. I'll clean up the area around where I'll be working to make sure I don't accidentally get any contaminants into it.

Ewlsey is correct SirRage,
Although I like how the fluid is filtered (instead of just sieved like Okamoto), why do they locate the motor inside the sump? I would like to install a filter on my Okamoto but where should it go?

I can't tell from your photo, is your filter before or after the pump?

I looked at the schematic and I think it filters after the pump because it might need pressure to push the oil through the filter instead of suction.

diagram.jpg

If it helps were looking at the machine from the front, there is a door that opens up. I updated the PNG to jpg so let's see if the image is bigger than 100 pixles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 8.09.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 8.09.06 PM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 61

Back