What's new
What's new

Sanding Machine Table

Blue Racer

Plastic
Hi everyone,

First of all sorry in advance for my English, I'm not fluent and still making a lot of mistakes, though I'm trying to improve it :).
I was wondering if you could help me identify this belt sander I bought at the flea market, and that I'll soon start to restore.
The problem is that the table is missing and I can't figure out the use of the "projection" part (in red) probably a guide?. I'd like to restore it as close as possible to the original one, but haven't been able to find anything looking alike this model to give me an hint.

Any tips or ideas?

Many thanks for your help!

IMG_20180407_192215.jpgIMG_20180419_222944.jpgIMG_20180407_192136.jpg

Your English is better than my French!

I don't know the brand or machine you show.
Nevertheless, it looks to be the starting point for a very typical belt/disc sander combination machine.
Most likely, a swivel table was once attached to the area you show; usually used when the belt is in the vertical position. It can also serve as a backstop with the belt horizontal, but loses a good bit of the available length.

Here is a typical set up showing the attachment side:
I plagairized these links and photos from the OWWM site. :)

27506-D.jpg

Photo Index - Rockwell Manufacturing Co. - 31-52 | VintageMachinery.org

10691-B.jpg

Photo Index - Rockwell Manufacturing Co. - Model 31-71 | VintageMachinery.org

11478-C.jpg

Photo Index - Oliver Machinery Co. - 182 DB | VintageMachinery.org

8076-C.jpg

Photo Index - Delta Manufacturing Co. - 31-71 Combo Sander | VintageMachinery.org

Search the whole OWWM sander database here:

Photo Index - by Machine Type | VintageMachinery.org

Your machine looks like it was very well built. It appears to be missing quite a few parts, but it will probably still be very useful as a horizontal beltsander.

smt

We have a 31-52, Its nickel plated instead of painted. Nice little belt sander, keeps going and going. If that's the one you have and you need specs or even a part copied let me know.

Hi Stephen & Azmachining for your answers, and the pictures Stephen.
Exactly what I was looking for :), looks like there is a casting project for the future. Not quite sure I'm able to do it now (still a newbie and a lot of things to learn)). I think I'll try to build a simple table, in order to use the sander as so, keeping the boxed guide for later, that's anyway a super interesting project. And yes, it's an impressive and sturdy machine, despite I believe, the years it spends in a garage somewhere. Hope I'll be able to give it a good second life :)

Thanks again for your help, and I'll check ou the link you sent Stephen, lot of information here, and yes Azmachining, I won't hesitate to ask you when I'll be ready :), super kind!

Have a nice day fellows

Back