What's new
What's new

Schaudt RFH Cylindrical grinder

Plusminus

Aluminum
Hello all,

I bought a Schaudt RFH Cylindrical grinder for my hobby shop.
After cleaning it's starting to look in pretty good shape.
It has a workholding head with vfd and i.d. Grinding attachment.
There's one handle that I don't know what it does, might be defect.
Also hydraulic movement of the table is not smooth after startup when at low speed . This becomes better when it's running for some time. Is this normal?
Im totally new to od grinding.

Anybody here with a similar machine, that has some info and maybe a user manual or an oil scheme.

Thanks for any info.

Greetings,

Peter

7467546b13efe97dfa87ecaed5b632ff.jpg
44fef9f7b44dacbe541b237f334a5a21.jpg
335533e60c2fe73186ac8a4b0b40134f.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thats a nice looking grinder, makes my Myford look like the dinosaur it is. The shaft sticking out of the bed in the photo, looks like its the screw that swings the table to cut a taper. There is something on the end at the bed clamps, that could be the screw that swings the table, and the first one may be a lock for a dead on position.
Loosen the table clamp bolts on each end, turn the screws, (may be rusted frozen) and see what happens. May need penetrating oil on everything first.

Hi Toms Wheels,

Thank you for your reply.
You are right about the taper setting. The pin on the far right is for a dial gauge.
I was not clear with my question and pictures, sorry bout that. They were just some pics to show the machine.
Here is the one handle I'm not sure of.
de04aac473d544b981746b11f6060bd1.jpg

It's the one on top, the bottom one is for spark out i think.
It sets a short pause before the table is going to the left after feeding in.

Greetings,

Peter

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

That Spark out may be a Dwell time setting. Used to keep the grind time even on the ends of the work.
Say a piece of work is 3" long, your wheel is 1" wide, the center portion of the work will have contact with the wheel about 90% of the time, which would cause it to become smaller than the ends, so you increase dwell time at the ends to compensate for that condition.

Back