What's new
What's new

Cincinatti #2 Grinder Workhead Information

redbug2

Plastic
My Cincinnati #2 Grinder came with a workhead. Recently I just purchased another workhead and the 5c and Cat inserts were included.

It would be nice to motorize one of the workheads and I was wondering what the optimal RPM should be?

It would also be nice if I had a 440 volt motor, then I could just plug it into the existing power switch on the machine.

My Cincinnati #2 Grinder came with a workhead. Recently I just purchased another workhead and the 5c and Cat inserts were included.

It would be nice to motorize one of the workheads and I was wondering what the optimal RPM should be?

It would also be nice if I had a 440 volt motor, then I could just plug it into the existing power switch on the machine.

Hey redbug did you read my earlier thread on this machine? Can you post a picture or two of whatever workheads you have?

At my Hembrug U2 (copied from the cincinnatti #2) there is a driven head exactly like Donie's that runs at a fixed 250 rpm (motor runs at 750 rpm)
If you want to set up a range it might be usefull to know that I also have a more stable geared motorhead that can switch between 37,5 - 60 - 90 - 150 - 236 - 375 rpm
For the best results you have to put your piece between fixed centers with the dogdriver rotating around this fixed center. (you need a rather big roller bearing that fits around the center )
I cannot see on the pic if Donie's head has this option.

Back