What's new
What's new

Problem with Stratasys Printer

Fellowcraft

Plastic
I was wondering if someone could help us with an issue we are having with our Stratasys FDM Vantage printer. When printing, the support tip does not extend from the head and just ejects the material on the build sheet about 3/16 of an inch away, so it never adheres. We have no problem with the model tip; and have tried different support tips and material canisters with the same result. We have run the calibration job, as well as the Z-stage calibration many times. Anyone experienced this issue before? Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

TC

On my FDM series machines, the support nozzle uses a solenoid to extend it below the model nozzle, and it can stop toggling if the solenoid plunger binds. Not sure how the Vantage series heads operate in comparison, but look for an activating solenoid...

I assume a few things. The two nozzles, one for support the other for structural, are leveled and that your print platform is leveled. If not then that is probably your problem.

I also assume that your observation is correct, that it is ejecting higher and not simply a case of not adhering, which could be because you tried to reuse the print platform also.

But then, ultimately I don't understand how the support material nozzle on a dual head printer would extrude support material 3/16 inch above the plane used for the actual structural material print in a Stratasys printer. The printhead nozzle should be on the same Z-level for both the support and structural nozzles. Is the stage backing out 3/16" when doing the support material print? I don't understand what you mean based on your description of your observation.

Anyway, with stratasys printers you should, like others have mentioned, speak to technical support.

Back