What's new
What's new

Want a quote on Prototyping my bat

manavtaneja

Plastic
Want a quotation on making a few protoypes of this Bat (patent pending)

Any help will be appreciated
61efc06fe18f37c2894515a396f36d87.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I did a quick search and no Goldstein engineering and fabrication was found...What is your budget, for liability purposes what is this used for? What company are you with, do you have a d&b number?

Wow, that's a big part for metals AM. I wouldn't even want to consider that route, if I were you. Maybe in 20 years... but not with today's machines.

You could get the "basket" piece polymer printed via jetting, but it wouldn't be functional, of course.

If there were polymer matrix composite printers out there that fit your part, that would be the way to go. Without splitting it into two shorter pieces, I'm not sure it's possible at he moment.

My suggestions:
- hydroforming, to get tubular aluminum with the contours you want
-carbon composites via traditional methods.

For shits and giggles, you should try getting a quote from these guys, but I'm not sure they'd use AM to make your bat:

Online 3D Printing Service
| i.materialise

I did a quick search and no Goldstein engineering and fabrication was found...

Google "Goldenstein Engineering and Fabrication." Their website shows they have a CNC-retrofit Kent mill and another mill with enough capacity to make this part. If this were my invention I'd just mill a mold and lay it up in two halves from carbon-fiber prepreg. Or even plain old fiberglass to test the concept, saving a couple wheelbarrow loads of Reichsmarks.

Back