What's new
What's new

14" Steptoe Shaper

ramsay1

Titanium
Hello everyone: I have a 14" Steptoe shaper that is missing the stroke indicator scale...I have the pointer just no scale...Would love to either find one on a junked machine or get a good clear picture of one so that I may make one that is serviceable...

Thanks; Ramsay 1:)

Hello everyone: I have a 14" Steptoe shaper that is missing the stroke indicator scale...I have the pointer just no scale...Would love to either find one on a junked machine or get a good clear picture of one so that I may make one that is serviceable...

Thanks; Ramsay 1:)

My 14" Steptoe came with a scale that I do not think was original. I would be interested to see any pictures you might get

CarlBoyd

I believe they are all marked evenly, 1/2" on scale equalling 1" of stroke, then set the zero at the center of stroke.

Not that it would look entirely proper to have an old steel rule tacked to a couple bits of angle iron screwed to your shaper, it'd be functional.

My 14" Steptoe came with a scale that I do not think was original. I would be interested to see any pictures you might get

CarlBoyd

Mine is missing the scale and was missing the vise and table support.. I had a vise I could use and I built a table support...I suppose I will have to fabricate a scale for it...Ramsay 1:)

I believe they are all marked evenly, 1/2" on scale equalling 1" of stroke, then set the zero at the center of stroke.

Not that it would look entirely proper to have an old steel rule tacked to a couple bits of angle iron screwed to your shaper, it'd be functional.

I was thinking about maybe either scribing some lines on a bracket or maybe using an old steel rule epoxied to a bracket which is screwed to the machine... I suppose anything that funtions is better than nothing.. Ramsay 1:)

Back