What's new
What's new

American Machinist Magazine

bythebookbob

Aluminum
I read a few days ago that American Machinist Magazine would no longer be published. 130 some years and poof! I have a nearly complete collection of Volume 4. This used to be a weekly publication of from 14-20 pages. Cost was $3.00 per year or 6 cents per issue! Sad to see it go. I would like to see this information made available for all who are interested. If someone has a large high speed scanner and would like to scan the 50 or so issues that I have and post them somewhere for all to see, I'd like to hear from them.

BTBB

IMG_0002_NEW.jpg

Please, please, please, please and oh, did I mention please someone please take Bob up on his offer....

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,

Jim

Thats a tall order! I would like to see that done too, but finding a high speed scanner that can scan bound publications isn't very easy, unless some PM member is a night janitor at a University that has one!

I can't offer to scan your magazines however I had found and posted this link a while ago where they have the Canadian Machinery and Metalworking archive on line
Internet Archive: Free Download: Canadian machinery and metalworking
I checked for American Machinist and while I didn't find your volumes , they do have some shop notes on line .
Internet Archive Search: American Machinist

Internet Archive: Free Download: The American Machinist Shop Note Book: A Collection of Articles

Internet Archive Search: Machinery

Internet Archive Search: American Machinist

Perhaps if you search further you will find something more.
Maybe you can find a way to get it sacnned and hosted on the Internet Archive site.
A university connection like Rick suggests might be of some help in getting it there .
I would like to be able to see them if they were available on line.
Regards,Jim

New hard drive needed!

Dear Jim,

I'm a glutton for such things. Read your post right after you posted it and have been downloading ever since. There sure is some good stuff out there if you know where to look. Thank you for the links!

BTBB

Back