What's new
What's new

Antique dentist's drills, source for belts?

I have a bunch of different lengths which I had intended for a different project. Got them cheap.

What size you need? If I have it its yours for postage.

What I have are the old woven ones..... pretty much like I recall seeing.

My dentist had an old mechanical drill in the corner for people with soft teeth. Glad I never had the "pleasure" of being drilled on with it....

[ 11-03-2005, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: J Tiers ]

What size do you need..... diameter and lenght... I have a whole box full made by Ritter Co as I recall.... if they are not right try Habasit, they are the green rubber ones made in Switzerland that are really good.

Thanks for the replies so far. The machine has a plate that says, "Use M-21-118 belt". If that tells us something in some standard system great, otherwise I'll measure it as best as I can.

Dennis

Don't some of those use steel spring belts?

Another approach might be to use fuseable
plastic round belting from McMaster Carr.

Jim

What I have are endless cloth, Ritter, Emesco, parkell, and some no-name.

Generally about 0.1" or 0.125" + - in diameter.

There are several lengths, some duplicated. They are given as 9'1", 9'2", 10'2", 10' 8 1/2", and the Ritter is a No 14, given as "4'11 1/4" double".

If you can use any of them, let me know. I don't think I have any use for them.

I think your "118" means 9'10", based on some of the codes on the boxes I have, but am not certain.

Sorry for the delay, I finally got to measure the belt I need as the machine is at a friend's house. It is a string-like material, about .10" diameter and indeed is 118" long.

Dennis

I dunno how much if any adjustment room is available..... if you can use one 4" longer (10'2"), its yours.... let me know.

I assume one significantly shorter wouldn't work.

Back