What's new
What's new

Power Hacksaw (I think or is that powerless)

Probably would work. Notice the convenient platform over the saw upon which one can lay bricks to increase downward pressure on the blade. Or, one can lean heavily on the convinently shaped handle. Even without ballasting, I suspect it is rough on blades due to the absence of any lift on the return stroke. Charles

LOL, that is quite a contraption. Move that decimal in the price to the left about two places, include free shipping, and it might not be so bad.

I got to see the vertical hacksaw when I was up at Sobel's a few weeks ago. It's as cool as it looks, and in very nice condition for it's age, ie. never abused. Feeds the blade with a lead screw that drives off of the gears. A very nice and unusual machine.
I also got to see the Rivett 608 he has on eBay- that was fun to look at.
Andy

i think they used those machines(up above-big boy) for either cutting structural h beams used in sky-scrapers or possibly for cutting railroad rail.hmmmmm.... :D

They were the days when you could set the saw going, and have a cuppa or two while you were waiting. I still use my Power Hacksaw to cut large diameter bar, in stead of using a parting tool in the lathe.

Back