What's new
What's new

Leather Drive Belt lacing Tool

If that doesn't pan out, I have a 2 lever model, not the vice type, and half a dozen boxes of clips I no longer need.

But mine would cost a few bucks probably more than Snowman wants, but his might be the vise type.

Similar to this" Clipper No. 3 belt lacer

George

I also have leather belting, but it is probably too thick for your intended use, and too wide.

If all else fails the clips, lacing tools, and belting are still available from McMaster Carr. I bought a box of clips over 10 years ago and will probably never need to buy another.

If you have a farm equipment dealer around you they would probably splice the belt for you for a small fee. Round balers use belts with splices.

If that doesn't pan out, I have a 2 lever model, not the vice type, and half a dozen boxes of clips I no longer need.

But mine would cost a few bucks probably more than Snowman wants, but his might be the vise type.

Similar to this" Clipper No. 3 belt lacer

George

I also have leather belting, but it is probably too thick for your intended use, and too wide.

I still use the type of lacer in the link (actually have that model). :codger: I've used the vise style lacers before, hate them.

OP: For sizing you should be able to get the cardboard gauge to match up the belting thickness to the lacing.

At one time I worked for Scandura, I made ALLOT of belts. :eek:

I have never understood the need for a "lacing" tool, I have always used a bench vise and a piece of rod equal to the thickness of the belt with perfect results. What am I missing? (PS, I have used them on wider conveyor belts but never on a drive belt)

There are two types of lacing. The Clipper laces which should be installed using the Clipper tool, and Alligator laces which can be installed with a hammer.

Back