What's new
What's new

Atlas 6" lathe information help.

slz400

Plastic
I finally found lathe that fits my needs, and price range. There are no labels on it, but a serial number. I have it narrowed down to an atlas/craftsman lathe. I think it has the timken bearings in it because I can see the remains of an orange label that matches up with what I've seen on other lathes when I google it.

One thing I have noticed that is different is that mine only has 3 holes to bolt it to a work bench. Every other lathe I've seen pictures of has 4. Does this help date my lathe?

I'll post pictures soon.

You have typed the (not so) secret word and now will reap your reward.

New guy who has not read the rules? Wonder what the fuss is about? Here is the word from the site owner:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Milacron

Yep... would be best to lock this thread...in the Classified Forum I wrote no discussions of anything Craftsman or Atlas anywhere on PM."

Google will help you find Lathes.co.uk.

Larry

Interesting that the OP can do all the research to know about the roller bearings but can't read the posting guidelines. It seems that they just want to defy them.
In anycase most Chicom shit would be better.

Atlas Scruggs..

"..Chicom shit would be better."
As the owner of one since eleven years of age, I expertly disagree.
Sure it has gone unused for twenty plus years as I have better available, but I learned a career from that little lathe before entering high school.

Its noble of you to what to know its history - do it more honor by learning how to make chips.

BGL: The 6" Atlas was BETTER than "Chinese shit"? "Your EXPERT opinion"? That is one of the most BIZARRELY wrong posts I have read in MANY years.

Bad as they are,I'd still GLADLY accept a 9"x 20" Chinese lathe over your little Atlas. And,that's saying something as I hate those little 9" lathes!!

BTW: SHRUGS is the way to spell shrugs. Scruggs was the famous banjo player.

Back