What's new
What's new

Bandsaw Help

Liberty777

Plastic
I'm trying to get information on my new Bandsaw. It is an MSC saw, 1984 vintage, they have no information available. I am posting pics of the particulars. I would also like to obtain a manual. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm also looking for one of the blade guides. Thanks !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 186
Most likely from Taiwan.
At that time, there were at least a dozen factories on Taiwan making machines like this.
Virtually no way of tracking down which one built it, unless there is a chinese language nameplate somewhere inside- but most likely, its either no longer in business, or makes something completely different today- CNC lathes, maybe.
A bunch of companies imported similar stuff- and they generally varied, shipment to shipment.
Jet brought in some 3 wheel bandsaws like this, and I dont think they support em or remember they existed.

And an original "manual" would have been a couple of pages, with voltages and if you are lucky, an exploded parts diagram.

Search online for bandsaw parts, or bandsaw guides, and find something close that you can make fit- other parts are most likely not available.

here is a link to a manual for a similar vintage 2 wheel machine.
http://www.use-enco.com/Machinery/135-1545.pdf
those 3 wheel machines were odd ducks- not too many of them around.

I dont think either MSC (vectrax) or Baleigh or South Bend is currently selling 3 wheeled vertical saws.
I saw a fair amount of brands of these in the 80s, but havent seen many since, especially this size. Somebody might still bring one in, I suppose.
Some of the really deep throat saws are still 3 wheel, usually at least 24" and often much deeper throat- 48" or so, 3 wheel is more common.

But blade guides dont care how many wheels there are- only manuals do.

Back