What's new
What's new

CAMA report

jim rozen

Diamond
Probably the best location for this post....

Just got back from the Ct. Antique Machinery show in Kent, CT this afternoon.

Their first day (friday) apparently was badly rained out but today the rain
gods smiled and the day was mostly dry and even somewhat sunny. Quite
a few folks were scared away as I would say the attendence was down a lot
based on past years.

If any local folks want to see this show now is a good time, if the sunday weather
cooperates. Their fixed exhibits were great as always and there is a brand-new
mining museum on the grounds that has a suprisingly professional display.
I think they probably had a ringer helping them set it up, it looks so great.

Food, car displays, ample parking, steam train rides, flea market vendors, food
on site, tractors, antique engines, buildings full of steam engines under power,
what more could you ask for.

Jim

Yes the steam train rides would get me but CT. too far I think that there is still steam train rides in Eureka Springs AR. I might make it up their some time.

I was their in 92 but slept the whole time which annoyed my girl friend to no end and missed the steam train ride but my excuse was that I had just got back from playing in the big sand box.

Thank you.

James

Just got back from the CAMA show this afternoon (Sunday).

The weather cooperated; crowd was good. They put on a very professional event for a volunteer organization. No need here to duplicate Jim's description.

Keep it in mind for next year.

Must note that the museum is open weekends through out the summer. Nothing is running but it is still worth seeing. We stopped in mid season last year and got a one-on-one tour by one of the members. Everyone is read knowledgeable and friendly.

Pete

They never seem to be open when I pass by, but it's a very interesting looking place. It's right next to the Sloane Stanley Museum and the old Kent iron furnace, (old farming, iron smelting and woodworking machinery, artifacts and a reconstructed cabin, etc.), so if you're lucky you can get two museums in one blow. If you've ever read Eric Sloane's Museum of American Tools, you'll know more or less what's in the collection there.

I used to live in the area (Falls Village), but left before the CAMA facility grew into what it is now.

Back