What's new
What's new

Belt Driven Antique Equipment

Dale1960

Plastic
I've acquired an old building filled with antique equipment, many driven by central belt system and clutch, in perfect working order. Lathes, presses, drills, etc.

Aside from that equipment, every other tool for an active machine operation.

I'd like to talk with those that understand this type of equipment and would have some understanding of history and value.

I'm at 5402930875. I have lots of photos.

Thank you

You can bring these photos to this board by using the "Go Advanced" feature. Scroll down at the new page and find and click "manage attachments." Once on that page use the "add files" green button to upload pix from a browse page to your online file. As you bring these up you'll see them at the bottom of the window - these will be the pix attached. They will also be saved to your online file (for future reference by those who see your entry.)

As to those who know these sort of things - a good portion of the membership of the board is "on board" on these things. And most of us do what we can to save these when we can.

You can "edit" your earlier post to add pix for a day or so. Any new thread entry you make below this can do the same.

There may be a limit of 5 pix per post.

Anyway, this is sounding like a building "repurposing?" Are these tools headed for eventual sale?

Joe in NH

Hi Dale. At http://www.tuckahoesteam.org we run about 60 feet of lineshaft powering about 10 antique machine tools, and an equal number of motorized machines dating from civil war to around 1920. We probably have at least a couple of useful suggestions for you. Please feel free to get in touch via email or PM.

Jeff

Back