1910 lathe on Craigslist Omaha

Fasto

Hot Rolled
Any one recognize the make?
Copied from the HSM board:

1910 WORKING METAL LATHE. $300 OBO PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS 402-332-xxxx
http://omaha.craigslist.org/tls/615967084.html
01010001150001160920080323a16ee562f4882989e80060b5.jpg

Needless to say, the pictures are really too small to tell much, at least for me.
It looks like a truck transmission up top; and a cone head lathe beneath; single tumbler QC box.

Last edited:
Champion?

I am not sure but from the pictures it reminds me of a "Champion" Lathe that my dad used to have and sold to a forum memeber for about 50 bucks I think. Mike

Craig Lathe

Fasto,
Looks like a Lodge&Shipley 13x36. Hard to tell for sure form the picture, but the bed, legs and tail stock look like the Lodge & Shipley.

Not a L&S. Cone heads with front mounted QC would have had feed rod. Since this has no feed rod, only a lead screw, to be a L&S, QC would have been tucked up under headstock, not front mounted

1910 Lathe

The handle and the short riser block on the tailstock look identical to those on my ca. 1910 Carroll-Jamieson. No other ideas, sorry.

Dave

It's difficult to tell from the photo, but I very recently purchased a Rockford lathe in Nashville Tn, and that lathe looks a LOT like a match to me. I may try to save the photo that's posted and try to blow it up a notch to check more closely. Obviusly the drive motor is different, as I would imagine it was originally a line shaft machine. Mine is a 3hp 3ph connected to a Lima 4 speed with flat belt drive, I can't tell what the driving force is on the one pictured above.
By the way, if anyone has info on the early Rockford lathe, I would appreciate anything and everything available. This is prior to the Rockford Economy Lathe, and I'm not sure if they are even related.
Thanks, Bob

Back