What's new
What's new

buffalo iron worker ?

basselete

Plastic
i just ended up with a buffalo 1/2 iron worker and am falling in love with it. but its missing the coping/notcher blades and the corner notcher and top shear blade...does anybody have or know someone with a scrap machine that they would be willing to sell the blades off of it? there is no data plate so i don't know its year...

You will love it I ran 1 for years a few years back bought a 1 1/2
Blades are available from Cleveland tool steel as well as all the punches and dies great machines .
If your lower punch is troublesome to keep aligned , pull die block and check how flat the surface it is riding on . They will round out if people do not take serious the 2" hex nuts , They are 2" for a reason like you will not likely be able to over torque but should try to .
If the surface is rounded [I have seen .090" out at the tip ] you can repair it in place with big cahuna's I took a rose bud and started heating 2 inches back and got it glowing pretty deep then work the heat to the edge then with helper heating I beat the burred over edge back then pounded new vertical burr down and repeated and was able to bring the front 1 3/4 " high enough to bring down into plain with undamaged rear portion carefully with 9"angle grinder

yea i know i can buy dies but it would be like $700 and that more than i paid for the machine....does your angle cuter have a relatively even spacing when it closes? mine is probably 1/16 of an inch from being even spacing...also can you spot a hole before you punch with this machine? on some others i see a handle near the punch but mine just has a spring pulling it up..

Back