What's new
What's new

Introduction

Cache Dickerson

Plastic
Hello to everone. I am taking a moment to post an introduction and familiarize myself with how this forum works. My name is Cache Dickerson, from Ft. Worth, Texas and I am a career toolmaker for 20 years of 28 total in machine shop. I currently work in the engineering dept. of Bell Helicopter and am 46 years old. I am very interested in rose engine lathes and the work they produce. I have read these forums over the years and find it to be a unique place to discuss very specific topics in a field that is extremely broad. I look forward to more and more valuable exchanges of information.
Thanks,
CacheTex

Welcome,
You'll find this a very good place to hang out, and somewhat addictive; but you have to occasionally post pictures of something old and rusty to keep everyone happy. :D

Kevin

Welcome to the forums. :D

I currently work in the engineering dept. of Bell Helicopter
You know when I was younger that was one of the dream jobs I wanted because I wanted to be a Engineer at the time! Designing Helicopters at Bell as they developed what I thought was the "coolest" helicopters (for that matter airplanes in general) the UH-1 Heuy and the V-22.

Dimitri

Hey Cache, I worked down the road at Generous Disgusting, Ft. Worth Division. My cousin still works at LTV, as he says, "making ATA missiles fly further, straighter, and other things that are good"
Welcome aboard. Old and rusty is not an absolute requirement, some one not long ago asked about milspec rivits.
YOu must understand, of course, that helicopters do not actually fly, they are so ugly the earth repels them.. ;)

is it true helicopters can use up all the air above them and fall?

ps

littlelodge.jpg

doesn't have to be rusty

just cool

shameless self important plug

sorry

is it true helicopters can use up all the air above them and fall?
I think it's True (( wippin' boy ))"After all, Helicopters flying is all about gravity"

"Helicopters Shouldn't Fly" (( KOOL ARTICLE ))

The following quote was taken from that article
Lots of unseen forces are working against you when you fly, and a helicopter is a bit like a Bumble Bee, in so much as it should not fly!
:eek: SteelCutter :eek:

Back