What's new
What's new

Burgmaster Turret Drill Parts; Mar-Matt?

Mumbly-Peg

Plastic
Hello all, longtime lurker firstime poster.

I recently acquired a Burgmaster benchtop turret drill. Everything works and looks great, but the sight glass is broken so oil will run out of it when it’s at its lowest position, and the belt is starting to show its age.

From my prowling, I found Mar-Matt’s number and tried to call. The post I found about Marr-Matt said the gentleman was up in age, and that was over 10 years ago when it was posted. I tried to call, but it just rang.

Does anyone know if he’s still in business? If not, does anyone have a suggested alternative?

Thanks

Belts are standard parts, available many places, online and local, once you have the type and size, not the Burgmaster part number. The sight glass was purchased by Burgmaster, and was a standard part at the time. Not as easy as the belt, but there are places to look, like McMaster. Chucks are also easy, either Jacobs 0B or 1B or Albrecht 6 mm with the 5/16-24 thread.

If you need a new gear or something actually made by Burgmaster, you would be hurting.

Larry

Thanks for the reply! I read somewhere that Burgmasters use funky belt sizes that are a custom order type of deal. Maybe that’s erroneous, I’ll see what I can dig up.

the class lube gages or sight glasses can be purchased from these guy. You will need to give them a size. They won't have a clue if you say its for a Burgmaster

Lubrication | GITS Manufacturing

Thanks for the link, I’m not sure the sight glass is something that standard. It has a gasket in the bottom of the threaded, counterbored hole where the glass rests, not at the surface like a metric pipe plug.

I’ll probably end up using an expanding plug until I can find a more permanent solution.

Thanks for the resource. I’m still not sure the Burgie sight glass is a common part, though. There’s a gasket all the way at the bottom of the throat, and the threads appear to be straight. Maybe a metric pipe thread will work, but the gasket sitting at the bottom of the counterbore kinda throws me.

Back