What's new
What's new

K&T's on eBay

SteveinAZ

Stainless
I saw these and thought this would be the best place for someone with real interest to pick them up for a song...hate for them to be "stolen" when someone here has passion for good iron.

Most likely the people that follow Reliable Tool will not want to go to Iowa to pick them up, so a PM member in the neighborhood might score a real deal! I keep an eye on their listings as they do move a lot of stuff, and I can make a day turn around trip (which I would do for these twins!) when needed.

TWO KEARNEY TRECKER #D ROTARY HEAD MILLING MACHINES

NO MINIMUM OR RESERVEItem number: 360110687082

Good luck,
Steve

Saw them and wished Iowa was as close as Nevada, but not to be. May be a problem with one of them, but the owner could enlighten a prospective bidder.

Reliable went pretty far afield for this auction.

Steve

You are evil!!! :stirthepot:

Just when I have the right number of projects that I will never finish you have to show me this auction.:crazy:

Do I need two vertical mills? No
Will I call on Wed. and set up a time to inspect them? Yes

Even with the riggers fee they are close enough to me, 60 miles away, that I have to check them out.

Marshall aka the "Cast Iron Magnet" :wall::wall:

Marshall, There is a bright side to this if you get the mills and increase the gravity of Iowa enough then when they cause a black hole at CERN Iowa may be the last place that it gobbles up. It may even spit it out and the new planet Iowa although much smaller then the former earth will revolve around the moon and become a travel destination for alien tourists who are looking for low tech vacation resort.

James

I like your logic James, tho the mills are already on planet Iowa. All Marshall's got to do is just keep them there to assure it's preferred intergalactic destination status.:)

Bob

Sorry Marshall...if I were 60 miles away, I would not be posting this, just sitting quietly along the sidelines waiting to snipe them. Good thing...I too have too many projects.

I am glad that if you were to get them, that they will not move far. Moving them to the western side of the US could upset the rotational axis of Mother Earth.

Steve

Still working on getting in to see these little mills.
ALso on how to get them home!!

Any idea on weight? Seller thinks 7500, I am thinking closer to 10 or above. Cinn number 4 vertical is close to 14K.

Marshall

PS Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Since there are riggers on site, they should be able to give you an idea of time required to move them. I would guess about four hours for a two or three man crew and tractor trailer + BIG fork lift, depending on what you have at your shop. Should be less than $1k.

Evil Steve

Intergalactic Destination Status...

Hee hee...

Well, I just got done drivin' home from Chicago, and this guy in a red Chevy Malibu MUST'VE been from some other planet, 'cause he insisted on driving right alongside my right-rear fender... the whole time... regardless of my speed. Must've been touring the country in a rental car, 'cause he had a California plate...

Anyway, if Marshall manages the deal these beauties will probably stay between the Mississippi and Missouri rivers... but don't let that situation cause 'yall any heartache. Between Marshall and I, we can handle anything under oh... 10,000lbs, and get it relocated just about anywhere CONUS as long as there's plenty of time to do so.

And it just got easier, 'cause I just brought home an 8,000lb capacity Clark industrial forklift...

With a day left, the bid is 560 dollars. Plus the 400 loading fee. Too rich for me right now. Of course these deals always show up right after I have spent my mad money somewhere else.

Hope someone on the board can grab them.

Marshall

I'm not very knowledgable about a lot of the older stuff, especially K&T's

Aw those aren't old... they are like used cars to me.:D

The "deal" was just what is said - the spindle is "offsetable" and can orbit under power and do neat stuff like this (of course made obsolete by a CNC that knows how to make a circle without all the mechanical elegance)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/johnoder/2DKT/

John Oder

That circular milling feature is F.F.O.!!! (Far Freak'in Out!)
Once again, proof that the people who came before us were every bit as smart as the current generation, or maybe smarter because they found ways to do it without CNC.

Back