What's new
What's new

Machines for sale

james robert

Stainless
Hi all, I got the pictures finally these are of the machines that I found in Joplin if your interested PM me and I can give you Jerry's Email and he will give you the prices and answer your questions.

DECK039.jpg

DECK040.jpg

DECK045.jpg

DECK041.jpg

Leblond heavy duty 30'' swing 4' between centers.

James if the Brown & Sharpe universal goes to scrap, or if it gets split up, I would like the vertical head and the drive adapter that's in the spindle.
Regards,
Aaron

Aaron, I don't know if he would break the machine up but it is very reasonably priced and if it doesn't sell I might try to get it sometime in the future but no biggie though as I am not going to be able to go for anymore machines for sometime my plate is full.

If you would like to contact Jerry PM me and I can give you his Email address.

Thank you.

James

Hi John, It is an interesting machine and the spindle turns free and doesn't seem to be rough, the carrage is a little sticky due to being out in the weather and the shifting mechanism seems to work fine also the ways look good to my untrained eye. I think someone could put it back into use with a little TLC.

Jerry said that he wanted scrap price for it and all prices are negotiable.

Thank you.

James

That LeBlond Heavy Duty looks to be from the late 1930's, based on my old catalog files. Unfortunately, the particular catalog that shows it doesn't have any specification tables. It looks like a 12 foot bed, probably cuts 6' between centers. I'd guess the weight at 10,000-12,000 lbs. The motor is probably 20 hp. That's a serious metal peeler. The depth of the rust is a question, but it looks like it hasn't had any serious damage or alterations.

Bruce, I didn't notice any pitting although I mostly was looking at the ways and they looked like they would clean up nicely with scotch brite and WD-40.

James

scotchbrite and wd40. If you can clean thar ust up with those two items. Maybe I can get you to do the same for my stuff. Does teh acrriage still move on that thing. wish I could restore it, sure does look rigid.

Hello James,

John Oder gave me a link to this thread. Can you tell me anything about the LeBlond 16 x 54 lathe? I see the pic of the ways in front of the chuck, but the glare from the flash is a little bright. Are they in pretty good shape? Does he have a steady rest with it? Can you tell me what kind of price he is wanting for the lathe? If you'd rather PM me with this info that would be ok.

Thanks ,
JAckal:)

I have to ask......

Any geuss's about weight of Grey Planer? 3 x 8, maybe around 10k? Going for about .10 a pound? It's hardwired, I can't help it............

Jim - Gee, if I can get this and Dreses R.D. I can........have 19,000 pounds more cast! :rolleyes5: :crazy: :nutter:

Gray planer:

A later one I think - with the big electrical cabinet and out of sight in the photos a big motor generator making DC for the main motor. These are the jobs with the catty wampus worm engaging the table rack.

A former employer had an open side version. Bet its quite a lot more than 10K

John Oder

John,

Ball park, 15, 20 ?? Afraid I could only go by what's in Cope's books if I tried to search for anything, surely not a good reference for newer machines. Just pulling a number out .......

Jim (Is it "Gray" or "Grey"?)

I would suppose 15K would be a place to start guessing. :D

Its got a good long base that goes all the way to the floor.
It has a table a little more than half as long as the base.
It has a pair of massive columns
It has a very sturdy looking cross rail that includes feed gear boxes
It has a heavy looking side head.
I'll bet just the electrical stuff is 2500 to 3000 lbs.

The man was named G. A. Gray. He built such things in Cincinnati, Ohio

John Oder

Back