What's new
What's new

Craigslist mill

It comes up in my area, but is actually about 4 hours north...............It looks like it could be a useful mill for some horizontal boring, that I have in mind, but space and impending retirement, limit my plans and abilities

Not to mention the machines that are awaiting attention already:rolleyes5:

K&T were go getters. By 1913 they had patented both the DOUBLE OVER ARM and the FLANGED SPINDLE. Cincinnati had to deal with that road block for years - or pay K&T

I.E. there were flanged spindles way before the NMTB taper was thought of and standardized as PART of that existing flanged spindle

And I thought I was cheap. :)

But what were you thinking when you posted it? If you have no relation to it, and it's not even a very good deal, what's the point? What if someone had been looking for that exact mill and you post and someone else buys it?

I don't post any links to ads or auctions anymore on PM because of such. It never works out good for everyone, no matter how good intended.

He does value his tools highly, except not highly enough to store it indoors, or slush the table, or even cover it. $1800 is too high for the tool as-is/where-is. I'd believe $800 would be a better price, but if he'll include delivery, then figure what a rigger would charge for the move, and factor that into your analysis.

Surely that machine can't be worth more than $100/ton. I don't know what it weighs, but we've got to be talking in the <$500 range.

Back