What's new
What's new

1946 Hendey

D4D

Plastic
I just acquired a 1946 12 x 30 12 speed gear head lathe and would like to know where to purchase an operator's manual. Are any of the reproductions better than others? Thanks. Hyd oil in headstock and apron for lube?

I purchased a hard copy for the Histroical society in Torrington, CN and it is no better or not as good as the copy just posted. There is several parts manuals on ebay and it is helpful in identifying part nonemenclaure. I have a 16 X 30 12 speed.

thanks and photo

Made a copy of the manual-should get me started. going to try and add photo.

Attachments

• IMG00002.jpg
    IMG00002.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 176
correct

plastikomd-my new lathe and your shaper were bought new at the same time. I returned the shaper brochure and invoice to the owner when I moved the lathe as they were stapled to the lathe brochure. The lathe as equipped was over 5k, $5600 if remember correctly, in 1946. I'm looking forward to getting it set up.

Thx for returning it. Love the shaper. Lathe looked like it was in good condition. I draw my line at 3 lathes! Did ya buy any of the tool steel? Heard you did a good job movin it!

steel

I bought 3 or 4 pieces of round stock. Had to stay on budget. Wished I had got there earlier just to see it all would have been interesting.

Agree, did the same, 'cept square!( shaper and all) also a really cool pallet jack. Small / not standard (cant use it for pallets) and VERY heavy duty. Easily jacked up my truck

Back