What's new
What's new

Does anyone recognize this label?

Thornewmexico

Aluminum
I saw an item on an auction site that I liked. I would like to find who the manufacturer is. I have this picture of the label:Label Closer.jpg

By using Google Translate, I think the top line says Prodotti Originali (Italian for: original procuct) The bottom line looks like Allen to me, but that is not a very Italian name, so likely something else. I have toyed with various letter combinations for the words in the red oval, but nothing comes out of Google Translate for me.

Since the item is currently open for bid, I don't want to give anymore information at this time, except that the item is likely no longer made by that company and in some way an antique. If I remember, when the auction closes, I'll post more.

I did a Google search for Italian vise manufacturers, and the name Gerardi came up, but with a completely different logo, and the name Gerardi does not mesh/overlay with the ? Allen name. I also found an Italian fly fishing company that makes tiny vises for tying flies, but that also didn't mesh up with the vise logo on the label.

If I remember correctly, Italian is also spoken in Switzerland a bit, but I am not aware of any companies in Switzerland doing business in Italian. I have seen plenty of French and German language sites in Switzerland though. Someone tell me if I have that wrong.

... I am not aware of any companies in Switzerland doing business in Italian. I have seen plenty of French and German language sites in Switzerland though. Someone tell me if I have that wrong.

AITI - Associazione industrie ticinesi

http://www.aiti.ch/en/ said:
AITI, Association of Ticino’s industries, is a private and independent organization headquartered in Lugano and established in 1962 to promote and support industries in the Ticino canton. With over 200 associates, companies operating in every industrial field, business services and category associations, AITI groups together almost the totality of enterprises with more than 100 employees, that provide jobs for more than 19’000 people, for a turnover higher than 16.5 billion Swiss francs.

Morsa Parallela Allen ==> MIMO Srl ALLEN division - Construction of machine tool equipment

Back