What's new
What's new

F/S Hammond Trim O Saw

Ferrous Antiquos

Titanium
Ben Franklin Model - this is not the Glider type with the sliding table.

All original, not butchered by wood-whackers for their ulterior and sawdusty motives.

Pica-graduated crosscut gauge and fence.

Nice sharp blade, cuts aluminum tubing and extrusions like a fancy expensive cold saw.

Wired for 110V.

$250, come and get it.

Got more pics if you need them.

DSCN9927.jpg

It's a proprietary cross between a HSS cold saw blade, slitting saw, and crosscut tablesaw blade that mounts thru the face with 3 countersunk flat head screws, so that you can saw almost up to the depth of the arbor. Smooth and accurate, and will work wonders on the most recalcitrant of oysters.

DSCN9928.jpg

Ben Franklin Model - this is not the Glider type with the sliding table.

All original, not butchered by wood-whackers for their ulterior and sawdusty motives.

Pica-graduated crosscut gauge and fence.

Nice sharp blade, cuts aluminum tubing and extrusions like a fancy expensive cold saw.

Wired for 110V.

$250, come and get it.

Got more pics if you need them.

DSCN9927.jpg

Wish ya werent' so far away!

Yo Dale!

Maybe you could arrange for transport throught the AHMG guys. You could even throw the haulers some bucks for gas money and still come out cheaper than a trucking company. Check the thread in the Antique Machinery section.

Last chance before I drag it into the basement...

I had this on fleaby a month ago.
Some joker from out of state (and not that far, either) bought it, never paid, ebay banged my credit card for their commission, no recourse, no contact from the winner, too late for negative feedback, blah blah...I think I'm cursed to own this forever, so I might as well make use of it.

I had this on fleaby a month ago.
Some joker from out of state (and not that far, either) bought it, never paid, ebay banged my credit card for their commission, no recourse, no contact from the winner, too late for negative feedback, blah blah...I think I'm cursed to own this forever, so I might as well make use of it.
Wow...sorry to hear that. FWIW, there was one of these at HGR Surplus years ago that was like brand spankin new...so pristine I was very tempted to buy it...but resisted somehow...pesky lack of blade tilt....beautiful little saw though.

still for sale

so...after 5 months, fleabay buyer dip$hit calls up out of the blue...says he's sorry, blah, blah, still interested, blah blah....anyway, it's still available.
First one to claim it and send me a money order or ppal gets it.

$150 firm !

Otherwise, I'll drag it into my basement come springtime, where it wont be seen again until my demise and my estate gets liquidated.

[email protected]

That's my email and ppal account !

Those are really nice saws. A lot of them were used by typesetters as trim saws for the linotype to get stuff to fit just right. Very accurate and fast.

Hi Sea Farmer,

I prefer Forrest blades for my Hammonds. I run two gliders in my daily furniture making. Forrest will bore out your blade at $7.50 a hole. There are three holes that need boring. I am partial to the 7 1/4" 60 tooth woodworker 1. Of course, forrest blades are great for fine woodworking, but not great for more universal use, so you can basically drill out any 7 1/4" blade to fit.

Ferrous' saw is a Ben Franklin- a slightly less desirable saw than the glider, but a really great clean example of one that is beyond fairly priced. The light green paint indicates a late model saw and printers seemed to take excellent care of their machines.

You can read a lot more of hammond stuff here MachineJunkie :: View Forum - Hammond Glider Saws

Ferrous, I think I mentioned in another thread, you'd probably be better off listing this saw at three other places- machinejunkie, OWWM, and briarpress.

Hope it sells or you keep it and enjoy it. They are great machines.

Pete

Back