What's new
What's new

Fellows Gear Shaper Company - 50th Anniversary Booklet

Great addition to your archives Tony. I live not far from the Fellows plant, I am always in awe of what came out of that small town in VT.

Tony -

Thanks for that addition. My Dad started out in 1941 as a setup man on, among other machine tools, Fellows Gear Shapers. From his comments he liked those machines.
In his tool box which I inherited is his notebook with settings and notes by part number. Only of use if one were to need to make gears for an IBM tabulating machine of that era, but I still keep it.

Dale

Tony -

Thanks for that addition. My Dad started out in 1941 as a setup man on, among other machine tools, Fellows Gear Shapers. From his comments he liked those machines.
In his tool box which I inherited is his notebook with settings and notes by part number. Only of use if one were to need to make gears for an IBM tabulating machine of that era, but I still keep it.

Dale

A pleasure, Dale. Lovely to know that your father's notebook amd tool box are still treasured.

Tony.

Great addition to your archives Tony. I live not far from the Fellows plant, I am always in awe of what came out of that small town in VT.

Warren, weren't the building where Gearworks is now, and some of the buildings out on the river former Fellows buildings? And, wasn't there another company in some of the other surrounding buildings? Do you remember right off hand what that one was?

Warren, weren't the building where Gearworks is now, and some of the buildings out on the river former Fellows buildings? And, wasn't there another company in some of the other surrounding buildings? Do you remember right off hand what that one was?

Yeah Gearworks is in a detached building across the street. I think the main plant is now a mostly a medical center of some kind. one of the care dealers uses part of it for storage. I cannot remember off the top of my head what else is there now as well.

Yeah Gearworks is in a detached building across the street. I think the main plant is now a mostly a medical center of some kind. one of the care dealers uses part of it for storage. I cannot remember off the top of my head what else is there now as well.
This is organized weird - you have to start at the bottom of the back page and work your way up and forward - but it is well worth it:

December 2�15 – jandlengineer

It is possible that some younger people will be shocked :D

Back