What's new
What's new

Fenton Glass Auction Williamstown WV

Another company that made a product that doesn't wear out. Anybody that want's a piece of Fenton glass now can buy a piece made in the last 100 years.

I'd disagree that Fenton was "high quality glass." in their heyday it was mostly sold through dime stores, drug stores and florists. My Mom has some pieces that I bought her when I was a kid. They didn't cost more than a dollar or two.

Another company that made a product that doesn't wear out. Anybody that want's a piece of Fenton glass now can buy a piece made in the last 100 years.

I'd disagree that Fenton was "high quality glass." in their heyday it was mostly sold through dime stores, drug stores and florists. My Mom has some pieces that I bought her when I was a kid. They didn't cost more than a dollar or two.

Glass breaks long before it wears out. Fenton made lots of those 50 cent glass vases that florists use for $35 bouquets. But they also made art glass that now sells for thousands of dollars. Some of their in-between products were pressed glass (molded) items which were then modified with hand work, like ruffled edges and basket handles. If you see a glass basket with a hand-applied handle, it is probably by Fenton.

They have a nice website. Fenton History | Fenton Art Glass

Larry

Back