What's new
What's new

Free for history - Dial engraving machine

snowman

Diamond
I am about to go and start cleaning out my machine shop. I want to start using it instead of hoarding crap.

I have a dial engraving machine that I believe is out of LW Chuck company. It engraves a couple different patterns of dials. 5-1, 10-5-1 and some others...using a mechanitronic shaper like device to put the little dashes on the perimeter of the dial.

It's free as long as it's going to someone who...eh hell, it's just free. I do not have room to store for anyone other than a bonified museum.

I don't know when it'll actually be available, as it's on top of a welder a little buried, but hopefully not too long.

Ok...it's tabletop size and is custom made. There is no information about it on the web.

I am not willing to ship and I have no way to load.

It'll basically come off the top of the welder to a cart.

You could get it in to a van or the back of a truck with ingenuity and scraps of wood.

I'm not trying to be a hardass or anything, I'm just sick of having stuff in the way of making money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also have a hardinge Hsl without tooling that the lucky picker upper could have at the same time. Otherwise it would be $100 without the dial dash engraver, and same loading would apply.

No tire kickers on any of this. I love history, but I honestly thought about just scrapping the stuff to make it easier.

I am about to go and start cleaning out my machine shop. I want to start using it instead of hoarding crap.

I have a dial engraving machine that I believe is out of LW Chuck company. It engraves a couple different patterns of dials. 5-1, 10-5-1 and some others...using a mechanitronic shaper like device to put the little dashes on the perimeter of the dial.

It's free as long as it's going to someone who...eh hell, it's just free. I do not have room to store for anyone other than a bonified museum.

I don't know when it'll actually be available, as it's on top of a welder a little buried, but hopefully not too long.

Can you post a photo? It sounds exactly like one I have.

Awesomeness!!! Sometime before Christmas work? Right now they are still buried, but I want to move the welder, so it won't be too long.

Need any tooling? Anything at all. Fire sale!

Snowman,

Are you still interested in getting rid of these two machines?

I have sent you a couple of messages but all I have got in reply is silence.

Snowman,

Are you still interested in getting rid of these two machines?

I have sent you a couple of messages but all I have got in reply is silence.

Yes, sorry...been busy. I doubt I'll be ready before Christmas, life moves slower than plans I guess.

They are absolutely yours. I got everything around there cleaned, but have to find a chain fall to get it off the welder.

Yes, sorry...been busy. I doubt I'll be ready before Christmas, life moves slower than plans I guess.

They are absolutely yours. I got everything around there cleaned, but have to find a chain fall to get it off the welder.

OK, Thanks for the reply. When your ready give me a holler.

All The Best

Todd

If this device can do, for example, lathe micrometer dials, may I get in line to have at least two done, as soon as it's freshly emplaced and ready?

:D

Doc.

Back