What's new
What's new

Shop in Norwich

Wayne Hall

Plastic
Hi, I asked awhile back here about a couple of SB's in the Norwich CT shop. Well I wound up wasting too much time and missed the lathes but I did manage to get one of the countershafts so now I just need a 13" to go along with it. I had bought a horizontal mill A No.0(somebody here may know what make), but when I saw it realized it was too much weight with everything else I was getting, so as much as it hurt it got scrapped, on a positive note I did get the counter for it too, and so the search is on for a horizontal mill to go with the counter, if anybody here remembers the maker I would appreciate knowing so I can try to find a match for the counter. It was the one setting on the second floor by the big opening on the street. I also went for the ceiling hoist but had to leave it as well and that was one of the main reasons I went up there but I still got a trailer load and lived throught the cold. Thanks in advance for any info. This trip has double the size of the flatbelt slippery slope(which was just woodworking machiery) to include metal working as well.

He had till the middle of this month to be out. When I left a couple of weeks ago most everything was gone except shafting which is what I went for and the winch I could not get and the mill still a sore point.

Funny, this was probably ten minutes from my house and this is the first time I am seeing anything about it.

Just searched the forum...can't believe I missed this.

Thanks,
Joe

Fractal,

If you lived 10 minutes away and wanted machines, then you did indeed miss a golden oportunity. Two persons could have assembled a couple of complete home shops with lathe, mill and drill. In addition there was a belt drive hack saw and several grinders. Tables, vises, and presses. Obviously a chance to pick a choose a few things which I did along with others, but I was little surprised no-one took the oportunity to try and assemble a complete shop. I guess most forum members are already pretty well over stocked.

Wayne, I found a picture of the No 0 Mill, I can email to you. If you need it send me PM. I did not see a name and none is visable in the photo.

Thanks Peter I have a pic as well, I am hoping that shapers have std pulley sizes and this counter will fit any with the same size cone.

I was there about three weeks ago, and he's pretty much cleaned out. No machines left. Only a bit of line shafting. I couldn't negotiate a price on one of the line shaft assemblies that I saw, so I left with nothing. But I got there late, weeks after he started to sell the stuff. I have his cell phone # (I think) so if any one wants to try, contact me off line. Steve

Back