What's new
What's new

Gemco 24 Inch Shaper and K&T Model K Available in Eastern PA

cookster88

Plastic
Hi guys, this is my first post here and I am sorry that it is not more substantive. There is a Gemco 24 inch shaper and a model K, K&T mill located at Glick's Salvage near Fleetwood PA. The last time I checked, they were both sitting next to the scrap pile and could probably be picked up for whatever scrap steel sells for these days. They have been outside for at least three weeks and were recently moved to the pile, so both machines are not long for this world. I snapped a couple pictures and wanted to pass them along in case anyone was looking for a shaper or a big horizontal mill around here. The arbor support for the K&T is with the machine, and I think that the yard removed the shaper's vise before taking it to the pile. IMG_1232.jpgIMG_1234.jpgIMG_1243.jpg IMG_1246.jpg

Hi guys, this is my first post here and I am sorry that it is not more substantive. There is a Gemco 24 inch shaper and a model K, K&T mill located at Glick's Salvage near Fleetwood PA. The last time I checked, they were both sitting next to the scrap pile and could probably be picked up for whatever scrap steel sells for these days. They have been outside for at least three weeks and were recently moved to the pile, so both machines are not long for this world. I snapped a couple pictures and wanted to pass them along in case anyone was looking for a shaper or a big horizontal mill around here. The arbor support for the K&T is with the machine, and I think that the yard removed the shaper's vise before taking it to the pile. View attachment 186186View attachment 186187View attachment 186188 View attachment 186192

I would take the universal head and the arbor support if you can remove it!
PM me if think there's a chance you may be able to do this?

Kevin

It's just under 9hrs one way from Mi. If I had a machine it would fit and knowing its complete..... I'd make the ride. Could there be a parking attachment on the other side?

Unfortunately, no parking attachment. I'll check and see if the machines are still there. How much do universal heads like that weigh?

Hi guys, this is my first post here and I am sorry that it is not more substantive. There is a Gemco 24 inch shaper and a model K, K&T mill located at Glick's Salvage near Fleetwood PA. The last time I checked, they were both sitting next to the scrap pile and could probably be picked up for whatever scrap steel sells for these days. They have been outside for at least three weeks and were recently moved to the pile, so both machines are not long for this world. I snapped a couple pictures and wanted to pass them along in case anyone was looking for a shaper or a big horizontal mill around here. The arbor support for the K&T is with the machine, and I think that the yard removed the shaper's vise before taking it to the pile. View attachment 186186View attachment 186187View attachment 186188 View attachment 186192

A friend of mine told me he made the trip out to Moses Glick's this past summer and found a guy loading up a dumpster and was told the place was folding up. At least I thought it was Glicks. I see their website is good. Is Glicks' still in business?

It's still in business. For a while they were running two facilities. There was the main scrapyard and then a warehouse down the street. They sold off everything in the warehouse this summer, but the yard is still going.

It's still in business. For a while they were running two facilities. There was the main scrapyard and then a warehouse down the street. They sold off everything in the warehouse this summer, but the yard is still going.

Thanks for the update. Is the scrapyard part of the business still dealing in/setting aside surplus, or is it now just another scrap yard that buys by the pound and ships it all away?

It's still in the industrial salvage and auction business. That's why I was a little surprised to see these two go.

Back