What's new
What's new

Gerstner Chest Question

crashtestdummy

Hot Rolled
I acquired an old Gerstner Tool Chest that came with a Machinery's Handbook in the drawer. The book is a 1919 edition, and signed by the owner in 1921. So the question is, did Gerstner chests originally come with Machinery's Handbook? The drawer couldn't fit the book any better than it does.

None of the catalog entries for a Gerstner that I've seen mention a free copy of the handbook.

I think Gerstner just knew the "Machinery's Handbook" was a valuable 'tool' for most machinist and Gerstner gave them a place to store it without it getting too dirty from the tools.

:cheers:

I knew the drawer was for the book, I was just surprised by how closely it fit. This book is in immaculate condition, except it is missing the front cover.

None of the catalog entries for a Gerstner that I've seen mention a free copy of the handbook.

I think Gerstner just knew the "Machinery's Handbook" was a valuable 'tool' for most machinist and Gerstner gave them a place to store it without it getting too dirty from the tools.

:cheers:

The chest's draws seem to always incorporated a specific slot to store the handbook

Having owned three Gerstner top boxes, two of them brand new, none of them included the Machinery Handbook from Gerstner. When apprentices received their tools in a Gerstner box a Machinery Handbook was included but the employer decided what was included not Gerstner.

Back