What's new
What's new

Does anybody have wiring diagram for Norton/Gould & Eberhardt shaper

rj1939

Stainless
I'm trying to repair some damage on a Norton Gould and Eberhardt 16 inch shaper. There is a wiring diagram in the panel, but it is unreadable.

Tag gives wiring diagram as: N8046C
MF'G CH'K: 30161

A quick Google search of the wiring diagram number didn't reveal anything.

Apparently at one time, it belonged to the Navy R&D dept, according to a tag on it.

I have a G&E 16” toolroom shaper. The wires running through the machine were encased in lead so everything had to go. If you’d like, I can snap some pictures of mine.

What exactly are you looking for?

Andy

I have a G&E 16” toolroom shaper. The wires running through the machine were encased in lead so everything had to go. If you’d like, I can snap some pictures of mine.

What exactly are you looking for?

Andy

A safety chain took out the switches, so when I got to it, the damage was done and I'm having to figure out how they were setup. It has an electric clutch, the original switch for the clutch had been changed out for a toggle switch. It isn't overly complicated, but enough wires to make it interesting.
The motor switch is a spring loaded ON/OFF that puts power to a contactor. The motor switch is of modular design, only the knob and shaft were snapped off, the actual switches (2) mount behind and are operated by a cam. I have spent today making a new shaft for the cam and knob to mount on.....and straightening things up.
The toggle switch was completely destroyed, but can pretty well see how the wires were on it. Clutch runs off of a 115 volt transformer too.

Back